Understanding the Michigan Divorce Process
For over two decades, the lawyers at DAWN have helped countless women before, during, and after their divorce proceedings. Below is a list of common questions we have received over the years.
These questions are presented to familiarize you with Michigan law and do not represent legal advice. We highly recommend that every woman retains an experienced divorce attorney to protect her rights.
- Can I Get an Annulment of My Marriage?
- What is the Process of Filing for Divorce in Michigan?
- What Does a No-Fault Divorce in Michigan Really Mean?
- Do I Really Need a Divorce Attorney?
- Can My Spouse and I Use the Same Lawyer in Our Divorce?
- What Questions Should I Ask an Attorney Before Retaining Their Services?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Divorce in Michigan?
- How Much Does a Divorce Cost?
- How Does Legal Separation in Michigan Work?
- Will My Husband Have to Move From Our Home After I File for Divorce?
- How is Child Custody Decided in Michigan?
- How is Child Support Calculated in Michigan?
- In the Event of a Divorce, How is a Prenuptial Agreement Treated?
- Can Women Get Alimony in Michigan?
- How Can I Change Child Custody and/or the Parenting Time Schedule?
- What Does Change of Domicile Mean?
- What is the Friend of the Court?
Latest posts by David Caplan (see all)
- How To Spot Signs Your Relationship Could Be in Trouble - June 19, 2015
- Single Moms Time Saving Tricks to Help Your Household Run Smoothly - June 16, 2015
- Tips to Make Your Move with Children Easier - June 2, 2015