A judgment of divorce can be entered 60 days from the date of filing when there are no minor children. In a case with minor children, the law requires a waiting period of six months. The court has authority to waive a portion of the waiting period, if it finds that not doing so would cause undue hardship or that there is a compelling necessity for doing so. Of course, all issues must have been settled and both parties must agree to waive the full waiting period. In no event, can a judgment ever be entered in less than 60 days after the filing of the case.