Same Sex Divorce in Michigan
DAWN is Michigan’s original law firm for women, and experienced in all areas of family law – including same sex divorce.
To learn more about how we can help you, please schedule a free consultation so we may learn more about you and your unique situation. Let’s discuss how we can become your advocate throughout your divorce, custody, child support, alimony cases or family law matter.
Schedule Your Consultation
Call us at (888) 772-DAWN (3296) or (248)723-9503, or fill out the form below and we’ll contact you to set up your appointment:
Terms and conditions:
- Offer extended
- All free consultations must take place at our Bingham Farms location at 31700 Telegraph Road, Suite 120, Bingham Farms, MI 48025
- Free consultations are limited to 20 minutes in length
- Limited availability each week in Plymouth
- Extended meeting options are available at a fee
More About Same-Sex Marriage and Same-Sex Divorce in Michigan
Since the Supreme Court decided Obergefell v Hodges in June 2015, same sex marriage, and thus divorce, have been legal in Michigan. It does not matter in what State or when you were married. Same sex couples are entitled to file for and receive a divorce in Michigan as long as one of the parties meets the jurisdictional requirements to file for divorce in Michigan. That means one of the parties must have lived in the State of Michigan for at least 6 months, and the county in which they choose to file for at least 10 days, prior to filing for divorce.
DAWN’s family law and divorce attorneys are here to help you through your divorce proceedings.
Family Law Practice Areas
Latest posts by Inforum Network (see all)
- What’s Happening This Week In The Detroit Area: September 17th, 2017 - September 17, 2017
- What’s Happening This Week In The Detroit Area: September 10th, 2017 - September 10, 2017
- What’s Happening This Week In The Detroit Area: September 3, 2017 - September 3, 2017