Coping with Divorce at Home & Work
Life after divorce can be taxing on anyone, especially if you are unsure about how to pick up the pieces and begin a new life.
Those going through a divorce will wonder if life will ever be “normal” again. Divorce is a major cause of depression. If you are depressed at home, your depression will manifest in your job too. You have to concentrate on separating the two.
Below is a list of suggestions to help you realize YOU DESERVE BETTER:
1. Love yourself, love yourself, and love yourself. Redefine yourself as a person and take back control over your life.
2. Look yourself in the mirror and tell yourself every day that you deserve to be happy.
3. Get counseling. There is no shame in getting the help you need in order to move on with your life.
4. Find new friends. You may find your married friends start to pull away from you because they don’t want to be in the middle. It will hurt at first, but find new friends that will not be affected by the old baggage.
5. Try a new class, start exercising, or take up an old hobby that you once loved.
6. If you have children, spend as much time as you can with them. Create new memories with your children that they can carry into their future to make them strong, confident and happy children.
7. Make a priority to be selfish and do something just for you. The most important gift you can give your children is to take care yourself.
8. Rely on your family and friends for support. Ask for their help even when you think you don’t need it. If you are uncomfortable asking your family or friends for help, join a support group of people going through the same situation as you.
Don’t let your divorce consume you. Face it head on. Use your work as a distraction. Tell yourself life will get better, and when you speak it into the universe it will happen.
About the Author:
Michele Sfakianos is a registered nurse, Award-winning Author, Speaker and Leading Authority on Parenting. Self-published author of five books and owner of Open Pages Publishing. Connect with Michele Google+.