While this is not an all encompassing list, it will provide a starting point for you to evaluate one divorce attorney to another.
- How much does the attorney charge for his/her services?
- Does the attorney send out detailed monthly bills showing time and charges?
- Does the attorney require a non-refundable retainer to start representation?
- Does the attorney require clients to enter into a written agreement for representation?
- Has the attorney handled matters similar to yours?
- What percentage of the attorney’s practice involves handling divorce and other family law matters?
- Does the attorney practice regularly in the county where your case will be filed?
- Does the attorney have trial experience and in what types of matters?
- Will the attorney promise a certain outcome? (If so, head out the door.)
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by (see all)
- What’s Happening In Detroit This Week October 8th, 2015 - October 8, 2015
- What’s Happening This Week In The Detroit Area, October 1st, 2015 - October 1, 2015
- How to Get Back to Work After Divorce - September 29, 2015