Things can be very hectic as a single mom. Our guest blogger provides us with 5 time saving tips to help your household run smoothly and hopefully you can use that “time saved” for some YOU time!
It’s not always easy to keep up with household chores, varied schedules and all the tasks involved in running a home.
There are ways though, to keep your life running more smoothly using the following five tricks each day.
- Decide what you will wear ahead of time. Having everything laid out, clean, ironed and organized can be so calming in the morning. Do this every night before you go to bed, and your morning will feel totally different. Children can be taught to do this too. (It prevents a lot of drama on school days.)
- Stop wasting time looking for items over and over again. Establish a place for everything. Backpacks, purses, keys, shoes, and phones should each have a home, so that you will not waste time looking for them when you are on your way out of the door. Children will learn organizational skills, you will retain your sanity, and everyone will feel less harried
- Plan ahead for meals. It takes time to do this on the weekend, but your week will go so much more smoothly when you have a plan for each night. Don’t make it complicated.
- Keep a grocery list on the counter or refrigerator and let everyone add to it when they notice something is running out. Instead of trying to think of everything you need when you get to the grocery store, you will have a list that you can get through quickly.
- Keep a large calendar or white board where everyone can keep track of their activities for the upcoming week. Each person can use a different color, which makes it easy to see what each person is doing. The added advantage is that you will be teaching your children how to prepare ahead.
It’s important to remember that preparation and little steps can make everything easier. And isn’t that what we all want?
Written by: Diana Fletcher, Writer, Life Coach, Speaker, Diana Fletcher Life Coaching
Latest posts by David Caplan (see all)
- How To Spot Signs Your Relationship Could Be in Trouble - June 19, 2015
- Single Moms Time Saving Tricks to Help Your Household Run Smoothly - June 16, 2015
- Tips to Make Your Move with Children Easier - June 2, 2015